Tired of outdated working practices? Is your workplace flexible, until it comes to actually being flexible? High volume of work without the rewards? Lack of transparency when it comes to salary and bonus chats?
We’ve seen it all ourselves, which is why we do things a little differently around here.
We’re on the hunt for a dynamic Residential Building Surveyor to join us. We’re a small team with big ambitions, and we’re on a mission to re-imagine building surveying, cutting out the jargon and speaking directly to our clients in a language we all understand. We align all the benefits of a traditional surveying practice with the pace, flexibility and market leading knowledge of a dynamic consultancy.
With a strong pipeline of residential and commercial technical due diligence, architectural and dilapidations instructions, we’re now looking for another surveyor to service our private and large portfolio investment clients, with a keen desire to develop themselves and grow with the business.
We want you to want to work with us, so let us sell ourselves for a moment.
Mental health isn’t just a webinar, personal and professional development isn’t a free seminar on your own time and transparency isn’t just a glazing type.
We are committed to investing in our team, ensuring you have a workplace to be proud of and a life to enjoy. We love what we do but there’s more to life than top class property advice. We’ve removed soulless targets and rigid practices to enable flexibility, transparency and an environment where everyone feels the rewards and is invested in providing the best value for our clients.
To apply, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
You haven’t got bored of this job advert yet, so here’s what we’ll do for you:
- The salary is negotiable: we’re focused on finding the right person. Skillsets and potential don’t fit in brackets.
- Work wherever suits you: you’ll be working remotely, covering the areas you know and love.
- Work whenever suits you: this is a permanent, full-time role but we offer flexible working so you can create a work/life balance that works for you.
- Enjoy unlimited holiday: we want you to have the rest and relaxation you need throughout the year without having to save up days.
- Reap the rewards of your hard work with an annual bonus: we don’t want you to work hard and not see the benefits so we’ll continue to reward your hard work.
- Working on residential properties for a young building consultancy: We have a strong pipeline of instructions across the UK servicing a variety of clients, from the general public to commercial investors with large portfolios.
Above all else, we’re looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor who fits with our company ethos, works well with our team, and wants to be involved in the growth of the business, but these are some other attributes we’re keen on.
- We’re looking for someone who is MRICS or FRICS, and we’d like to talk to you whether you’re newly Chartered, an established Senior Surveyor or Associate.
- We need you to have a full clean driving licence and the availability to travel regularly for surveys. You’ll be given a locality to cover, with options to travel further afield, if you like a bit of a change in scenery every now and then.
- We want someone enthusiastic, driven and keen to develop. We’re planning to grow Fourth Wall significantly and we want someone keen to be in the fold of that. We’ll be giving you the opportunity to develop your own passions and specialist skill set to do the type of work you love.
- We’d like you to have excellent written and verbal communications skills to confidently build relationships with colleagues and clients, and write top class reports.
- We’re looking for you to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and experience with AutoCAD would be a bonus.
- Commercial consultancy experience isn’t essential but would be a bonus as we’re also expanding our commercial services working with number of overseas investor clients.